May they be lifted up....

Our love and compassion go out to the people of China as we prepare for our departure on Monday. There is no way to comprehend the magnitude of suffering that has enveloped this country, as well as Myanmar with it's own tragic death toll. All I know is music heals, music touches hearts and souls without any words being expressed, therefore we will be able to transcend the language barriers as we express our love for our brothers and sisters, wherever they may be crying out. We will be dedicating each concert given in China to the victims of this disaster, a disaster no one called down upon themselves and no one deserved. Life is fragile, this we know, so in the words of Leonard Bernstein, "This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before".

Truly, no man is a island.

Bless the men, women and children....

Monday, May 12, 2008

"There but for the Grace of God....."

News of today's earthquake in China sent chills up my spine, because you see, the original intinerary at the beginning of this odyssey was to have had us in Chengdu (visiting the pandas) THIS week. As the itinerary evolved the trip got pushed ahead another week.....fortunate I would say. I've always wondered how I would react in a disaster, I'm just grateful I didn't have to find out this way, with my children involved. I am sending the people of China my love tonight, and I actually wish I was there now.... to help, to touch, to comfort. Let us remember, WE ARE ALL ONE....

No comments: